RPS 200 Fully Automated System
RPS 200 Fully Automated System
The RPS 200 accommodates from 50 to 200 cars. This fully automated system utilizes independent machines and computer software to automatically store and retrieve cars with no human intervention. It is specifically designed for use in projects where there is a very limited access area to the building or property.
Using half the space of a traditional ramp-style garage, the RPS 200 is particularly suited to apartment buildings where there is limited space at grade level and where limiting parking to only a few basement levels is essential. The robotic parking system’s certified high-speed throughput and fast retrieval times guarantee a safe and satisfying user experience.
The flexible, modular RPS 200 can be built above ground, underground, inside a building, on top of a building or under a building. Lot sizes can be as small as 30 ft. x 20 ft. minimum at the entry level. Typical levels would ideally have a width of 60’ minimum and length of 100’. However, we can customize the RPS 200 system to fit any area that meets our minimum lot size. The system can be built to a maximum of 15 levels.
RPS 200 Machines
There are a number of machine components in an RPS-200 system. Following is an abbreviation and a brief description of each machine.
Entry / Exit Terminal with Turntable and Built-in Lift Conveyor for Cars (EES-200):
The machine can be located on any accessible level and is the point for cars to enter or be retrieved. Inside is a frame of laser beams that measure the position of a car, height of the car to be parked, etc. Motion sensors ensure user safety as storage will not proceed until no motion is detected. A built-in lift conveyor transfers cars vertically from one level to another. The EES-200 also includes a turntable to rotate the car by 180 degrees so that it will be facing forward when the customer is ready to exit the garage.
The pallet is a steel platform with grooves that is located in the Entry / Exit Terminal. The vehicle is driven onto the pallet and positioned for storage. The grooves help to quickly position the car and speed up parking and throughput. The car remains on the pallet at all times – no machinery ever touches a vehicle. Additionally, the Pallet will capture any debris or runoff (oil, salt, melting snow, water, etc.) from the car. Read more about the benefits of pallets. (ADD THE LINK HERE WHEN PAGES COMPLETED.)
Pallet Stacker (PST-200):
The Pallet Stacker holds a stack of pallets. It exchanges a single pallet with the Pallet Shuttle.
Pallet Shuttle (PS-200):
The function of the Pallet Shuttle is to feed the EES a new pallet after a car with its pallet leave the EES to be stored in the garage. Also used to remove the pallet from the EES when a car exits.
Rack Entry Module (REM-200):
This machine stores and retrieves cars into and out of a particular parking slot.
Carrier without Turntable (UCM-200):
The basic function of the UCM-200 is to transport a pallet with a car from the lift to an empty parking slot on its level. When retrieving a car, the UCM-200 takes the pallet and car from the parking slot and puts it back into the lift at its respective level. The UCM and REM work together to perform functions.
The RPS-200 machines work together to simultaneously deliver multiple x, y, z motions. This creates a high peak traffic capacity with maximum average retrieval times of 180-220 seconds.
This system can accept cars up to a maximum of 3 tons. Vehicles up to a length of 5.78 meters (19 feet) and a width of 2.23 meters (7 feet 4 inches) are allowed. The RPS 200 can accommodate any height of the cars as needed though the standard height we offer for SUV’s are 2.1 meters (81 inches) and for sedans 1.6 meters (61 inches).
The Pallet management system comprised of Pallet Shuttles, Pallet Stackers and Lift efficiently feed and retrieve pallets based on the peak traffic needs.
Multiple levels of software controls are used to automate this system. The Level-1 machine control system is responsible for turning on motors and receiving / interpreting signals from the sensing devices located on each piece of parking equipment. The Level-2 garage manager system is responsible for issuing instructions to the machinery and for managing data such as mission logs, occupancy levels and user information. The human machine interface (HMI) with its myriad forms of diagnostics allows operators and maintenance technicians to interface with the machinery in automatic, semi-automatic and manual modes.
Planning Guide and Sample Layouts
A Planning Guide and AutoCAD sample layout drawings help plan how the RPS 1000 automated parking can create space for your project.
- Length: maximum 19 feet (5.8 meters)
- Width: maximum 7 feet 4 inches (2.23 meters)
- Height: 5 feet to 6 feet 9 inches (2.1m) for SUV’s, larger heights can be accommodated upon request
- Car Weight: maximum 6,600 lbs. (3.0 Tons)
- Suitable for all sedans, SUVs, minivans and trucks within the dimensional range above.
- Custom solutions can be designed based on request.
Terminal (Entry / Exit Terminal):
- Swappable entry / exit on the fly based on live traffic.
- Spacious 4 feet (1.2 meters) wide platform on the left and right for patrons to exit the Terminal.
- ADA compliant Terminals can be provided as an option.
- Two high resolution cameras are installed to take pictures before storage and after the car is retrieved.
- Additional camera to record activity on the driveway for patron safety.
- Multiple scanners and laser sensor driver guidance system with a 42-inch display screen and an additional convex mirror. Terminals are equipped with safety sensors (to measure car boundaries), load cells (to measure car weight), motion detection devices (for safety), and guidance systems (for easily positioning the car on the pallet).
- Additionally, an emergency STOP button is located inside the Terminal and on the kiosk.
- Heartbeat detectors upon request
Transportation System Type: Steel Pallets:
- Steel pallets as a design feature ensure one of the highest standards of product liability protection for automated parking facilities. No machinery ever touches the car.
- Pallets prevent the dripping of any oil, acids, air-conditioning condensation, salt water, snow, ice, and sand onto cars from the parking system machinery or the cars stored inside the facility.
- Pallet Cleaning system can be provided as an option for regions with snow.
Garage Access Systems:
- Kiosks installed outside the Terminals allow users to initiate storage.
- Kiosks in the lobbies allow users to receive their cars and are equipped with contactless RFID cards, fobs, or an NFC (Near Field Communication) app.
- Custom-built phone apps are available and can be used to trigger the storage and retrieval process. The system can also be integrated with various payment options using either credit card or online transactions.
- Automated parking systems are intended to have a lobby that is equipped with user interface systems.
Transportation Machinery Specifications:
- Machine construction: steel frames
In-house engineering and manufacturing. All machines are made in the USA.
- Machine mechanics: electromechanical only (NO hydraulic or pneumatics).
- Electrical drive: servo motor-based system.
- Electrical power: 3 Ph 400/480, 1 Ph: 220-240, 50 Hz/60 Hz. Support multiple voltages based on country specifics.
- Mechanical gearboxes: cycloidal gearbox (less wear and contactless gears for less maintenance and longer life). Helical bevel in lifting devices
- Programmable logical controller: General Electric PLC architecture with ladder logic.
- Machine working temperature: -20 Deg C to +60 Deg C (ambient garage temperature)
- Humidity up to 90%.
- Noise level on working machines measured in close proximity: less than 70 dB(a).
- Machine panels are NEMA 4/ IP-65 class protection.
- All machine parts are sourced from USA, Europe and Japan.
Software and Hardware:
- In-house software development under Cimplicity® / Tracker platform. This is a high-level software and communication system that is built to perform multiple movements on the X, Y, and Z axes simultaneously with real time graphical interface.
- In-house software development for GE PLC ladder logic, garage machine communication systems and garage access systems.
- The software offers sophisticated routing algorithms to increase peak traffic and diagnostics with pre-warning features to avoid down time.
- Hardware includes highly reliable Stratus servers with 99.999% uptime. Every piece of data (including garage configuration, location, and identity of every car, etc.) and every command are stored on two redundant servers in real time. If one server fails, the second, redundant server automatically takes over with no interruption of service (“hot swappable”).
- CCTV system with 24 x 7 video monitoring and video access for safety.
Approvals and Design Codes:
- Complies with NFPA-88a fire codes for automated parking systems.
- Conforms to NPA guidelines for automated parking design.
- Complies with IBC Special Industrial Occupancies.
- Electrical panels are UL/ETL certified.
- Complies to ISO 9000:2015 Quality Standard.
- System complies with ASME: B30.13 code.